machinery breakdown insurance is engineering insurance that covers the sudden and unforeseen damage to the insured machinery, plant or equipment whilst either at work or at rest and during the cleaning, maintenance, overhauling, inspection or removal to another position within the premises.
- Faulty material, design, construction and erection
- Vibration, mal-adjustment or mal-alignment
- Defective lubrication, loosening of parts, abnormal stress, molecular fatigue, self-heating centrifugal force
- Excessive electrical pressure, due to atmosphere electricity or otherwise
- Short circuits or arcing
- Lack of skill and carelessness in handling the machinery