marine hull insurance is marine insurance that is designed to indemnify the shipowner against loss of or damage to ship and liability of shipowner arising from maritime perils which include perils of the sea such as heavy weather, stranding or collision, and other similar perils.
- Perils of the seas, rivers, lakes or other navigable waters
- Fire and explosion
- Violent theft by persons from outside the vessel
- Breakdown of or accident to nuclear installations or reactors
- Contact with aircraft or similar objects, or objects falling therefrom, land conveyance, dock or harbour equipment or installation
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption or lightning